UA-45749527-1

Sunday, November 10, 2013

T100R finished

It is ready to go back into the frame and after break-in will be returned to the owner. 
I want to take this opportunity to thank Mitch Klempf and Chris Stubbs at Klempf's British Parts in Minnesota.
These guys unquestionably are the benchmark of customer service and knowledge when it comes to parts for vintage British motorcycles, they really know their business and are an absolute pleasure to deal with.
They can be reached at:  http://www.klempfsbritishparts.com/

Here are a couple photos.





And here are a few photos of what I found when tearing this engine down in preparation for the rebuild.

Incorrect clutch basket thrust washer
Worn valve guides
T100C pistons
The bigger Daytona valves made their own clearance.

The seller claimed that this engine had never been apart, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that one....


1 comment:

  1. I came across your 1967 T100R rebuild. I too hav e a 1967 T100R (T100RH51768). My brother brought it back from the UK in 1972 where he spent a year abroad in college. My brother passed away at 60 a few years ago and I inherited the bike. I am restoring the bike for my grandson and I am very interested in any information I can find. As you know, they factory was in the process of changing from whitworth to unified threads and I have to watch myself to ensure a don't make a stupid mistake. I recently finished the cylinder head; and am now in the process of balancing the crank, conrods, pistons, etc.

    I read everything I could get my hands on before I started. Your rebuild detail is fantastic. If you have anything further which is not on the internet rebuild I would be most grateful.

    Kind regards,

    HARRY
    h.holden1946@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete